Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wrong One




Wouldn’t it be far better to just take it, to let yourselves be wronged and forget it? – 1 Corinthians 6:7 (The Message)

If there was anyone in my family that I almost always argue with, it would be my mom. My mom and I are both strong-minded people (I love you Ma!) that we tend to rub each other the wrong way at times. Back when I was younger, we used to argue at least once every two months. It was usually about my mess, something I said, my laziness and sometimes even about my so-called love life!
If you noticed a pattern with the causes I mentioned, the arguments are usually my fault. I admit that now, of course, now that I’m older and more mature. But back then? No way would I admit that I was wrong! I would stand my ground until I was tired from arguing and crying to prove my point. I realize now that I could have avoided all those tears and arguments if I backed down. It’s not just about conflict avoidance, but taking the peaceful way, especially when I know that I am wrong. It’s not about being weak, but being humble enough to listen to the other party and accept the fact that you have to change. Tina Matanguihan

REFLECTION:
Annoyed? Pissed off? Remember that fighting in your defense is not always the best thing to do.

Lord, help me to know when to speak up and when to back down.

No comments:

Post a Comment