Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Wonder Worker

The child’s father and mother were amazed at what was said about him. – Luke 2:33


In the Psalms, He is the Good Shepherd. In the book of Isaiah, He is the Prince of Peace. In the book of James, He is the Healer. These are just some of Jesus’ many titles. But His names take on a new meaning when they become true in your life. For example, if He has lightened your problems in life, you will now call Him the Burden Bearer, a name you will find in the book of Amos. Our worship becomes more intimate as we call Him by these terms of endearment.
To me, He is Wonder Worker because of the big and small miracles He does in my life. Once, in Hong Kong, I was overjoyed over a pair of sunglasses I bought because of its compact size. The next day, at Disneyland, I lost it. My husband said to give up looking for it because there were too many people and it would be impossible to find it. Nonetheless, I prayed that it would be found.

Later in the afternoon, as I passed by the theater we visited earlier in the morning, I made an inquiry. Yes, they had found a pair of sunglasses. God is truly wondrous! (By Donna España)

REFLECTION:
Do you still believe in miracles? Call on the Wonder Worker and believe it will happen in your life.

Remember how Jesus turned water into wine? Well, i got this picture from Flicker. This is how humans mix water into wine. But Jesus does wonder and He turned water into wine in His power...May this remind us of God's love. He will do the impossible, if needed.


Lord, I trust in You at all times, even when things go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment