Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thirst for Goodness


Strive eagerly for the greatest spiritual gifts. But I shall show you a still more excellent way. – 1 Corinthians 12:31


Even as a child, I was fascinated with topics concerning God and faith. I enjoyed reading Bible stories. I attended Bible studies for kids. I even joined a summer Bible school at a Protestant church only because there was nothing like that in our parish at the time. I was searching for something. I wanted to know what it took to be a good person. That thirst for goodness has been a blessing to me through the years. I was never always a good girl. Many times in my life I had been bad… really bad. But each time I would slip into waywardness, a Voice within would always tell me to look inside and seek the goodness in me.
I feel very special because I know that God planted in my heart that desire to be good. Whenever I’m derailed, He gets me back on track. And significantly, He continues to give me opportunities to be of service to Him. He gets me involved in church activities, in charity causes, and more recently, He led me to where I am now so I could share with you my wonderful experience of Him through the written word. (By Nova Arias)
REFLECTION:
Do you consciously strive to be good every day?

Holy Spirit, lead me to the path of righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment