Monday, July 27, 2009

Be Patient, God Is.

I have not had any Sabbath Book but i subcribed to it through email. I dont read Sabbath diligently since I have a Companion with me. Today, the Title of the Sabbath entry caught my eye and it's such a waste not to publish it here.
Hope you'll enjoy this...
*******

Be Patient, God Is.

I recently read an article in the Internet regarding a Japanese student who killed himself because he was a “loser.” He did not get the top honor in school and so out of frustration, he killed himself.
A man who can be described as a perfectionist has been suffering from anxiety attacks over the tiniest “imperfections.” His guiding principle in life is “everything must be A-OK.” He spoke to a religious guru one time and asked him, “What should be my guiding principle instead?” The monk said, “If things are not OK, that’s OK.” There are people so driven to perfection that they could not tolerate any semblance of failure. Everything has to be perfect. There is no place for second place.
The parable of the weeds and the wheat illustrate the reality of good and evil co-existing. This is a very practical teaching Jesus is giving us. Patience over our limitations is a virtue we need to survive in a world that is imperfect.
They say that every infant born into the world is an indication that God has not lost hope on humanity. If your day did not turn out well today, do not fret. That is why God made tomorrows, to give us another chance to correct our mistakes. God is patient with us all. Why couldn’t we be the same to ourselves and to each other? Fr. Joel O. Jason

Reflection Question:
Have my intolerance over error led me to be intolerant over the errant? Have I been unreasonably demanding on myself and others?

O Lord, I thank You for being with me every step of the way in my life. As I again go through this day, guide me by sending Your Spirit in the path that is pleasing in Your sight, never letting me fall astray. Give me the sight tosee the goodness in me andin the people that I meet every day, whether it is my family, co-workers, classmates, friends and loved ones. Teach me to be generous to those who need it. And help me to grow and be that wheat that You will keep ever at Your loving side. All this I pray for Your greater love and glory. Amen.

St. Samson, Bishop, pray for us.

*******

Sabbath is daily scripture book published by Shepherds Voice. The same publisher as the Companion. All their pulications are great!

2 comments:

  1. Dahee, you've got something here. These words speak to me. The importance of acceptance of self. An Irish priest Father Kevin Scallon wrote recently that he'd had a vision where the Lord said to him: "You worry about so much but nothing matters except you and me."
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. The Bible says we need to help spread the Gospel.. so this blog is what is it for.
    When God speaks, it really moving and direct to the point..
    yes, in the end its between me a God.
    You have just inspired me.. I'll post more...
    Thanks..

    ReplyDelete