Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This Is What Love Is

These days as the world changes, the meaning of the word also changes. L-0-v-e.... What is it exactly? Some say is a decision. Other say its uncontrolable feeling, an intense emotion that can't be stopped. (whew....) There are too many definition of love.  Scholars and philosophers had been thinking about this day in and day out, but still not one meaning suits for us all. 

Instead of endlessly asking, I direct myself to The Holy Book. Yes.. if you think about it, it can be a very good reference book.  It remains a wonder to me why people are so scrared to read it, as if its bad or a crime. Poeple give glances when I bring one. What's the bid deal if I carry a Bible or read it? Indeed, it is Holy, but people don't realize that is actually for sinners.. like me, like you.

It was not written for Holy people only.... 

Going back to the Love thing.. I opted to check the meaning of love in the Bible and this is what it says...

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."
-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

I took the pictures three years ago using my obsolete camera. I love this picture because based on my own standards, the light is good. Taken at 3pm @ Mountain View, Cebu City, Philippines.



No comments:

Post a Comment