Tuesday, October 21, 2008

All the Small Things

It came as a sheer gift to me, a real surprise, God handling all the details. – Ephesians 3:7 (The Message)

When I graduated from college, I had absolutely no idea where I wanted to go in life. All I knew was that I’d do whatever God told me to do. What was it? I told myself I’d figure it out.
Different companies called me a few months after graduation and because I didn’t know exactly where to start with my career, I just went to all interviews. There were some that kind of scared me because of the job description, some that made me dread working because of the possible workload and some that seemed just like the perfect job.
There was one particular job I liked but the promised call didn’t come. I felt lost again and decided to apply to other companies and forget about the one that got away. Just as I was losing hope, the company called and informed me that they had a job offer for me. Before I knew it, everything was fixed and I was working!
It’s true that when we do what God asks us to do, He takes in all the little details and makes everything work out for our best. (By Tina Matanguihan)

REFLECTION:
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)

Surprise me, Lord.

(This is a very lovely story...)

No comments:

Post a Comment